The NFHS Coach Certification Program is a national professional credential offered to individuals who are currently coaching or aspire to coach at the interscholastic level. The attainment of this national certification demonstrates the completion of a series of courses offered by the NFHS that will enhance the ability of the coach to better serve the student, the school, the community and the profession of coaching.
The benefits of NFHS National Certification Program include the following
- Assist in providing a healthy and safe environment for students by minimizing the inherent risks associated with sport participation.
- Improve the sport experience and skill development of the students who participate.
- Provide the coach a credential that signifies completion of content covering critical topics that coaches should know.
- Provide the school district and parents the assurance that the coach has been educated about the legal responsibilities associated with coaching at the interscholastic level.
- Preserve education-based athletics in schools by using the sport experience.
- Give the coach a sense of personal and professional pride by being recognized nationally by the NFHS.
- Enable the coach to stay current in their sport and the profession of coaching.
The UIAAA supports the importance of certification for all high school coaches